Australia Migration: It’s Not All About What You Just Know

Australia Visa application has been always strictly defined by many complexities and confusions when talking about legislation. Rules and regulations are being updated from time to time. What may be applicable now, may not be applicable for the following weeks or months. It would be helpful to conduct a thorough research about the immigration process.

It is not about what you just only know, but what you still need to know…

Immigration law is extremely dynamic. If you are not well informed about the process, you run the risk of not seizing the opportunity when it arises. This especially applies to those who attempt to apply without the proper knowledge. You have to bear in mind that if the application is unsuccessful, the fees charged by the Department of Home Affairs are NOT refundable, plus the fact that you’ll need to spend hundreds of dollars for English Language tests, skills assessment fees, medical examination and police check.
Yes’s it’s cheaper to process the entire Australia visa application on your own, but it is not easier.

How a Registered Australia Migration Agent Can Help?

Although it’s not really necessary to engage a migration agent to lodge your visa application, those professionals might be able to provide factual advice if your case is complex or basically if you require migration assistance. In a nutshell, the success of the application entirely depends on the ability of the applicant to finish all the stages of the process without compromising your time and effort.

The most important thing to remember is not to invest in something that is not worth it. Knowing who you are dealing with is a must. Make sure to engage with those who are registered with Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA). These professionals must abide by the Code of Conduct for registered migrations agents. They are certainly knowledgeable about the migration law and procedure. Opting for a more established agent is necessary as they have more than years of experience already dealing with different kinds of visa application.

Bear in mind that no two cases are alike. Instead of relying mainly on information you can find online, let’s say in some Australia forum website, get professional advice from an agency that is licensed.

NTRUST has the knowledge and expertise dealing with all types of visa application. We ensure that you are only getting the right information you need to obtain about your intentions of migrating to Australia. Feel free to call +65 6299 0245, to know more about our service and to book a professional consultation.


Australia Migration: Employment Challenges for Middle Eastern Migrants

Africa are three times higher during their first five years of settlement in Australia.

Data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics reveals that Middle Eastern migrant’s 33 per cent jobless rate is six times higher than the national average.

Islamic migration experts have put the blame on employers who reject applications when found job seekers are named “Mohammad” and/or women wearing hijabs.

According to Bob Gregory, Australian National University economist, most Middle Eastern migrants were refugees, that the English language skills were crucial to employment. “Asian migrants are nearly all tertiary graduates and study here — this makes job finding easier,” he added.

The Department of Social Service, on a lighter note, stated that newly settled refugees often undergo a period of adjustment, which includes joining training sessions, especially English language tuition, before seeking employment.

Aside from refugees receive up to 510 hours of free English Language session, the Australian Federal Government spends $22 million on training and support for young job applicants under humanitarian visas.

To stop bosses’ discriminative assessment on job seekers on grounds of names or photos, Professor from the University of Newcastle Emeritus, Terry Lovat, called for “blind resumes”. 


Applying For Australian PR After Graduation

Congratulations! You’ve now obtained an Australian Bachelor’s degree and thinking of applying for a Permanent Residency (PR). After investing hundreds of hours studying and thousands of dollars, the big question now is…do you qualify for an Australian PR?

The fact remains that a large percentage of onshore graduates have pursued their courses in Australia with the hope of being able to apply for PR, but many will be disappointed to learn that they fall short of eligibility criteria!
Whether you’re intending to study or about to complete your studies in Australia, this article is of no relevance if you intend to return to your home country to embark on your career. However, if you had the intention of applying after graduating or have simply fallen in love with Australia whilst studying and now wish to live and work here, read on…

Misconception 4: Studying in Australia is the fastest way to get a PR visa.

Finishing your Australian degree does not necessarily mean a quick and easy PR application. The Immigration Authorities still follow a very upfront process of applying a PR visa using a points system. Eligibility will still depend on several factors such as your qualification, work experience, age, English language proficiency, or even employer sponsorship.

The good news is since Australia continues to have high demand for foreign workers, international students are given the chance to stay for a period of up to three months after graduation. If you want to continue living and working in Australia and obtain your PR status, it is your responsibility to ensure that you get the appropriate visa by then. You just need to make sure that you have enrolled in the appropriate and applicable program of study to have a clear pathway to PR.

Visa Option After Graduation

The Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) allows you to live, study and work in Australia temporarily after you have finished your studies. You will need to be in the country when you apply for the visa. This visa category has two streams: Graduate Work and Post-Study Work. The Graduate Work stream is applicable for international students who have obtained a qualification that relates to an occupation on the Skilled Occupations List (SOL) and that will be granted a maximum stay of 18 months. Post-Study Work stream, on the other hand, is applicable for international students who obtained a higher Australian education degree and that will be granted for up to four years of stay, depending on the applicant’s qualification.

Applying for the Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417) is another option as it allows you to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year. The application for first Working Holiday Visa, however, must be made outside of Australia. You will then be given a chance for Second Working Holiday Visa only if you have worked in a regional area for 3 months.

Permanently migrating to Australia and opting for a PR application are really complicated, even after obtaining your Australian degree. If you are currently contemplating of studying in Australia, it is advisable to seek advice from a registered migration agent to discuss your options and the best route you can take.

Call +65 62990245 to book an appointment and meet one of our consultants.


Why Australian Engineers Struggle to Find Jobs

Kenan Toker, an Australian graduated with an engineering degree specialising in power generation, struggled to find a job. “A lot of electrical power infrastructure around Sydney needs to be replaced over the next 10 or 15 years. That was a big part of me choosing that field. But there seem to be very few opportunities available,” Toker said in an interview.

After spending a lot of time searching for his chosen field, he then landed on a job as a software design and coding. He even said that he had subjects about software during his degree, but it was not something that he expected to be doing.

Based on the data provided by the Department of Employment, there has been no skill shortages in the industry since 2012 to 2013, however, engineers are still listed on the Skilled Occupations List (SOL), which means there’s skills shortages that overseas engineering professionals can fill in.

According to an interview, Chris Walton, Professionals Australia chief executive, said that if the reality is there’s really no shortage of skilled engineers, then they have to remove engineers from the SOL. ‘That’s not fair to Australian graduate engineers who study for four years at significant expense and then struggle to find a job,” he added.

Engineers Australia, the national organization responsible for the advancement and professional development of engineers in Australia, believes that keeping engineers in the SOL is totally fine.

“Engineering has a highly cyclical employment market, and long-term migration is a method of moderating this boom/bust cycle,” chief executive of Engineers Australia, Stephen Durkin said.



Australian Visa Application: Changes to the Definition of Family Unit

Some Australian visa application allow potential migrants to include family members in the process under the Member of the Family Unit (MoFu) arrangements. The definition of the MoFu, however, has changed effective since 19th November 2016.

The changes to the Definition of Family Unit will apply to some provisional and temporary visa, and permanent visa subclasses. This changes is in line with the Department of Home Affairs’ (DHA) goal of making the family members who will be included in the visa application more consistent with arrangements available to Australian citizens and permanent residents wanting to bring family members to Australia.

Below are the summary of the changes:

  • Children can no longer be included in the visa application if they are over 23 (unless incapacitated)
  • Other relatives such as siblings or single parents will no longer be able to be added to the visa application

For more detailed information regarding the changes, Form 1496i, discussing the rules and regulations about including family members in your application, has been amended by the DHA.