General Skilled Migration Program

GSM Program

There are hundreds of visas in Australia. But which are the ones which will enable to stay on in Australia as a permanent resident (PR)? There are mainly 3 types of General Skilled Migration visas for getting across to Australia: subclass 189, 190, 491

SC 189 – Skilled Independent visa

Visa subclass 189 currently still holds a high pass mark even with the increased quota, rising from 6,500 to 20,000 places. However, certain occupations have been selected recently with low scores, this will pertain to the healthcare workers

SC 190 – Skilled Nominated visa

Similar to SC 189 visa, this visa provides you full work rights, full health benefits and access to local school fees. The difference is that SC 190 requires a state or territory nomination. After completing the necessary steps to submit an expression of interest, the applicant will have to apply for a state or territory nomination. After which, the applicant’s EOI will sit in the pool of applicants awaiting selection from a state government finds you appealing and nominates you for 190 visa.

SC491 – Skilled Work Regional (Provisional)

Much like the SC 190 visa, this visa will require a designated area sponsorship. Only difference will be that your family will not have access to local school fees. The whole of Australia is classified as designated EXCEPT Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne. You are expected to live and work in a designated area, earning a minimum of $53,900 per annum for 3 years. After fulfilling the visa conditions, you can then roll-over to a SC 191 which a permanent resident visa

Get professionally assessed

This is where NTRUST will come in. With NTRUST, you can get you and your family professionally assessed and the consultant will proceed to advise you on the best pathway to Australia for your family. Call our office at +65 6299 0245 and schedule an appointment for a clearer idea on how to make a successful PR application in Australia.