Migrate To Australia – 2018 Skilled Occupation Lists Update
The Department of Home Affairs (DHA) released an update regarding Australia’s Skilled Occupation List, following the -six-monthly update of the lists of eligible skilled occupations. These changes with the Skilled Visa program will take effect on 17 January 2018.
In line with the early changes in 2018, the DHA is working on the development of a new regional occupation list. This is to follow the introduction of the new Temporary Skills Shortage (TSS) visa in March 2018.
As what we always say, immigration process is so dynamic, If you’re not well-informed about the immigration process, you run the risk of not seizing the opportunity when it arises.
Note: occupation with *** have caveats. You can check caveats here.
Below are the following changes:
Occupations Added to the Lists
There are three occupations that are not on the lists but have been added now to Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL).
- 612112 Property Manager***
- 272314 Psychotherapist
- 612115 Real Estate Representative***
Occupations Moved from STSOL to Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
There are two occupations that were moved from STSOL to MLTSSL, but not occupations moved from MLTSSL to STSOL, though.
- 121316 Horse breeder***
- 224711 Management Consultant***
Occupations Removed from the Lists
- 312112 Building associate
- 142114 Hair or beauty salon manager
Occupations with Caveats
These occupations are still on the list, but with new/amended caveats:
- 141999 Accommodation and Hospitality Managers Nec***
- 221112 Management Accountant***
- 411611 Massage Therapist***
- 223112 Recruitment Consultant***
- 133611 Supply and Distribution Manager***
- 221113 Taxation Accountant***